The Florence Accademia Gallery Small Group Tour
Our special afternoon Florence Tour: Michelangelo's David & Accademia Gallery Tour from David to David (from Piazza della Signoria - where the original stood - to the Accademia Gallery - where the original stands nowadays) will allow you to admire Michelangelo’s most iconic masterpiece along with a fluent English speaking professional guide sharing his/her deep knowledge of Florentine art.
Our tour is focused on Michelangelo’s David, the absolute masterpiece representing the biblical hero, who armed by God could defeat the giant Goliath.
We will consider this magnificent statue also under the deep political and social implications it had in the eyes of contemporaries that is the reason why our tours starts from Piazza della Signoria, where the original statue stood for over three hundred years and then was moved into the Accademia Gallery. We will retrace together the history of this world famous artwork.
Our Florence guided walking tour is an unforgettable experience enjoyed in the afternoon to avoid huge morning crowds in the museum.
If you are a lover of Michelangelo's sculptures, you know this is a must-see during your visit to Florence.
Let us conduct you through this unique museum, where you will admire the recently restored - on the occasion of the fifth centenary of its execution - original statue of David, along with other five original marble statues by Michelangelo, the four Prisoners and St. Matthew, and the Palestrina Pietà, attributed by some scholars to Michelangelo as well.
The Accademia Gallery will be a great surprise for you, as it also houses dozens of splendid paintings from the Middle Ages to the High Renaissance period.
Our Michelangelo's David & Accademia Gallery Tour will be conducted entirely in English.
Our tour runs as follows:
- Meet with our professional and licensed English speaking tour guide at 3:00pm outside the Caffè Rivoire at Piazza della Signoria at the junction with via Vacchereccia, to walk through the sites dear to Michelangelo so that our guide will entertain you with historical and artistical details on the way to the museum: a nice, propaedeutic walk to better enjoy the visit to the Galleria dell'Accademia.
- Enjoy our guided tour for about two hours
- After the guided tour you can stay in the Accademia Gallery on your own
Price of Michelangelo's David & Accademia Gallery Tour includes:
- Accademia Gallery skip the long line tickets and reservation fees,
- Professional fluent English speaking tour guide,
- Earsets with more than 6 participants
Please contact us at info@florencepass for any further information.
From David (where it once stood) to David (where it now stands)
• 4:00 PM-6:00 PM
Total tour length: 2 hrs
Start: Piazza della Signoria outside Caffé Rivoire at junction with via Vacchereccia
End: Accademia Gallery
Youth (age 6-17) 22.22% discount