The FlorencePass Duomo Complex Small Group Tour
*Attention please: due to the unprecedented attendance of tourists in Florence, in the summertime we are having long, long lines before being admitted inside the Duomo/Cathedral: so in case such lines require longer than 40-50 minutes, our program must be changed and will include a more exhaustive description of both Duomo museum and of the exterior of the Cathedral , WITHOUT visiting the interior of the Cathedral/Duomo during our guided tour. Thank you for your comprehension.
Finally after a long and spectacular refurbishment and enlargement the Cathedral's Museum has reopened!
The 8th of September is always a special feast-day for religious life in Florence, since it coincides with the birthday of the Holy Virgin, to whom the Florentine Cathedral has been entitled. On that day back in 1296 the consecration of its cornerstone was solemnly celebrated.
The 8th of September of 2012, however, was even a more special day. In fact, after over 20 years of careful restauration, the world-famous Gates of Paradise by Lorenzo Ghiberti were visible again in the Cathedral’s Museum!
Therefore, FlorencePass is running a new tour to visit in-depth the Florence Duomo Complex!
Join the complete Duomo Complex Tour and you will visit:
- the Baptistery, one of the most influencing buildings to the eyes of Medieval and Renaissance architects;
- the Florence Cathedral or Basilica of Saint Mary of the Flower, with an extensive description of both the interior and exterior of the magnificent building;
- the Cathedral’s Museum or Museo dell'Opera del Duomo, with scores of splendid sculptures by Andrea Pisano, Donatello, Lorenzo Ghiberti's bronze doors and a Michelangelo’s Pietà.
Well, we have an additional little surprise in store for you: we will book your timed entrance for climbing the amazing Brunelleschi’s dome shortly after the end of the tour!
We reserve spaces to climb Brunelleschi's dome TO ALL PARTICIPANTS to our guided tours!
Your reservation to climb the dome will be made by us, as follows:
- timed climbing slot at 12:30/13:00pm for all participants to our morning tour (starting at 9:15am finishing around 11:45am),
- timed climbing slot at 5:00/5:30pm for all participants to our afternoon tour (starting at 2:00pm finishing around 4:30pm).
All Tickets Included: Baptistery, Cathedral, Santa Reparata, Cathedral's Museum, Giotto's Bell-Tower and Brunelleschi's Dome! (validity 48hrs!).
Our Complete Duomo Complex Tour will be conducted entirely in English.
Very Important: For being admitted inside the Cathedral ladies and girls must have shoulders and legs covered, short pants are allowed only if below the knee (ALSO FOR MEN!).
Tour suggested to photography-lovers: PHOTOS ALLOWED IN ALL SITES - NO RESTRICTIONS!
An in-depth visit of the religious center of Florence
• 9:30 AM-12:00 PM
• 1:15 PM-3:45 PM
• 2:00 PM-4:15 PM
Total tour length: 2.5 hrs
Start: Piazza di San Giovanni (Baptistery Square) outside Caffé Scudieri on the side of shopwindows Panerai Orologeria
End: Piazza del Duomo
Reduced price children under 12 yoa 50.00% discount