Romantic Tour: Love and Art at the Uffizi
The Romantic Tour: Love and Art at the Uffizi is a thematic tour to discover the many romantic stories hidden behind the paintings of this extraordinary museum, and the different ideas of love that have occurred over the centuries.
This is a private tour, bookable from maximum 2 persons: each pair (or participant) will be alone with the English speaking guide.
The tour includes:
- a guided tour of the most significant paintings of the Uffizi Gallery around the theme of love;
- a break in the Uffizi Café rooftop terrace, to enjoy one of the most romantic view of Florence.
We do not reveal all the paintings that you will admire during the visit, so that this romantic tour will be a surprise for all participants, and not just for who get it as a gift.
However, below you can discover some of them.
We will show you:
- the deified love, with the Allegory of Spring and the Birth of Venus by Botticelli;
- the stormy loves of the Medici family, depicted in portraits of the protagonists;
- the unhappy loves of the Gonzaga family;
- a love story with a happy ending between Filippo Lippi, and the beautiful Lucrezia Buti portrayed in his Madonna;
- the timeless story of Cupid and Psyche;
- the drama of Judith and Holofernes.
- the tour costs € 150 for one or two people, then please always enter 1 as number of participants, indicating in the notes if you come in pairs;
- Uffizi tickets and reservation fee are not included (please pay the amount in cash to your guide) but we will make the reservation for you, so you will enjoy a skip-the-line access;
- after the tour you can stay in the Uffizi Gallery as long as you want.
Credits: heart image CC-BY-NC-SA 2.0 skyler817