For this private tour you can opt among following languages: English, French, German or Spanish.
When in 1560 the Medici family moved to the the Pitti Palace in Florence, the entire neighborhood was submitted to a transformation with the execution of the Boboli gardens on the hill behind the palace and with the construction of many noble residences along the Via Maggio, subsequently, also the Pitti Palace was enlarged on more occasions, also after the Medici family had become extinct in 1737. Nowadays, the Pitti Palace is an extraordinary container of museums, which can satisfy a multitude of interests, from paintings to fashion, from pottery to jewelery.
This tour focuses on the visit to the Palatine Gallery, on the piano nobile, the noble floor of the Pitti Palace. With our Palatine Gallery Guided Tour you can enjoy a profusion of paintings by well-known European artists, such as Caravaggio, Tiziano, Raffaello, Rubens, Van Dyck, Andrea del Sarto is displayed on the walls of the spectacular rooms, so richly decorated with frescoes and guilt stucco works. And if you have a special consideration of painting frames, well, then this is a must-see for you!
Your specialized guide will accompany through the magnificent rooms of the Palatine Gallery, describing the most outstanding paintings, after a survey about the architecture of Pitti Palace and the history of the Medici family. Ticket to the Palatine Gallery included in the price and with the same ticket you can also visit the Pitti Palace Royal Apartments and the Galleria d’Arte Moderna (Gallery of Modern Art) on the top floor of the Pitti Palace and the Tesoro dei Granduchi (Treasure of the Grand-Dukes) on the ground floor.
- Professional Florence monolingual guide
- Reserved Pitti Palace Palatina Gallery ticket with timed entry
- Earsets with 4+ participants
What do I need to bring?
- Your voucher on paper or on your smartphone
- Comfortable shoes
- Photos allowed without flash
- Large bags, backpacks, big umbrellas must be dropped at cloakroom inside museum.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled a day or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 25% if booking is cancelled 3 days or less before event